Two (2) full-time classes are offered each year. The Program is 1500 hours and is completed in twelve (12) months. Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate is eligible to sit for the practical nursing licensure exam.
- Classes begin in January and July.
- Pre-entrance testing is held June/July and January/February. (Contact the Practical Nursing Secretary to schedule.)
- Classes are in session Monday thru Friday.
- Theory is held at the Career Center, 8 am – 3 pm.
- Clinicals are held at a variety of area institutions, 7 am – 2 pm. (UPMC Greenville-Farrell, Sharon Regional Health System, Grove City Medical Center, and numerous long-term care facilities. Observations occur in physician offices, day care centers, and schools.)
- A state of the art Simulation Lab is utilized to enhance the student learning experience.
Licensed graduates may seek employment in a variety of health care settings.
This Practical Nursing Program is:
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.