Gerard Zarella , 1 day ago
Good evening. This is an important message from Mercer County Career Center for our students.
The Career Center was informed on Friday morning of two confirmed cases of COVID-19 affecting individuals who attend our school. If your student was in close contact with these individuals, you will receive a phone call from the PA Department of Health to notify you.
Due to the increase of positive cases of COVID-19 in our facility, we are taking the steps recommended by the PA Department of Health and the Department of Education to move our education model to remote learning from Monday, October, 26th thru Friday, October 30th. Students will not report to the career center during this time, but will continue their education remotely through the Canvas Learning Management System. Students should log into Canvas and check their MCCC email regularly.
We will notify you next week regarding any updates to the schools’ schedule. In the meantime, we will be deep cleaning the facility to prepare for our student’s return. Thank you and have a good evening.
MCCC Webmaster , 1 day ago
Good Morning. This is an important message for our afternoon students. We have been informed that a student who attended the school recently has tested positive for Coronavirus. Out of an abundance of caution, we are cancelling classes for this afternoon Friday. High school students should not report to the career center today. We will be calling again in the near future to inform you of any further changes to our class schedule. Continue to watch our webpage and social media pages for information. Thank you and have a safe weekend.
MCCC Principal , 4 days ago
October 20, 2020
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Mercer County Career Center was informed this morning of a confirmed case of COVID-19 of an individual in our school. Facility cleaning has been ongoing and will continue. If your student was in close contact with this individual, you will receive a phone call notifying you by the PA Department of Health.
COVID-19 is a disease that is capable of rapidly spreading person-to-person. If someone is infected, that person can expose other people to COVID-19 even if they show no symptoms. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever or chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea. Older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions are at a higher risk for serious illness.
If you or your child are identified as a close contact (defined as an individual who was within 6 feet of an infectious person for at least 15 minutes or who was directly exposed to respiratory secretions [e.g., cough or sneeze]), you will be contacted by a representative of the Pennsylvania Department of Health or your local health department who will provide further information and instructions.
Even if you or your child are not notified that you are a close contact, please do the following for the next 14 days:
1. Take your temperature/your child’s temperature once daily to check for fever (a body temperature of 100.4°F/38°C or higher).
2. Watch for other symptoms of COVID-19 including cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and/or diarrhea.
3. Immediately report any symptoms requiring medical attention to the Pennsylvania Department of Health (1-877-724-3258) or your local health department and contact your health care provider. Be sure to inform the provider of you or your child’s possible exposure to a person with COVID-19.
4. You and your child should wear a mask and maintain a physical distance of at least 6 feet from any person while outside the home.
5. Practice the following hygiene measures:
a. Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
b. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
c. Cover any coughs or sneezes with an elbow, not hands.
d. Clean surfaces frequently, including countertops, light switches, cell phones, and other frequently touched items.
6. Be aware of any persons in your household who may be at higher risk of getting COVID-19, including individuals who are elderly, immunocompromised (e.g., someone who has cancer and is taking chemotherapy), or have another condition or illness such as diabetes or asthma. You or your child should practice physical distancing around those persons.
7. If you are contacted by the Pennsylvania Department of Health or your local health department or its representatives, please cooperate with monitoring and follow all instructions so that other people do not become sick.
If you or any members of your household develop symptoms of COVID-19 or have symptoms worsen, notify your local health department or the Pennsylvania Department of Health immediately at 1-877-724-3258 and contact a health care provider. Before seeking medical attention, let the health care provider know about the possible exposure to a case of COVID-19.
Please visit the Pennsylvania Department of Health website (www.health.pa.gov) for the latest and most accurate information about COVID-19.
MCCC Promotion , 8 days ago
The Culinary program at MCCC is one of the finest in the region. You'll find our graduates at many of the top restaurants, hotels and clubs. Learn the skills you'll need to land the job of your dreams.
#culinarytraining #mercercountycareercenter #jobreadyview image
MCCC Webmaster , 9 days ago
Congratulations to the 2020-2021 Inductees to the National Technical Honor Society. The Induction Ceremony will take place in Nov. For a sneak peak at the Inductees visit our MCCC-NTHS webpage at http://mercercccpa.apptegy.us/o/mercer-ccc/page/national-technical-honor-society--6view image
Event: Joint Operating Committee Meeting
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Event: Quality Team Meeting
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Event: MCCC Open House
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Event: Student Safety Committee Meeting
9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
Event: Student Safety Committee Meeting
1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
Notice from MCCC Administration - October 15, 2020
Welcome to Mercer County Career Center The mission of Mercer County Career Center is to equip students with marketable skills through effective career and technical education. The Career...
The Challenge Program, Inc. is an education nonprofit based in Johnstown, PA and Pittsburgh, PA. The Challenge Program, Inc.’s mission is to build sustainable business/education partnerships while...